The information we gather
How we use your personal information
We will also use the personal information users provide to contact the user on occasion with critical user or service updates, and to send other messages that are integral to the service we provide on the Site. If you have an account on the Site, we must always be able to e-mail you operational information about your account and your use of our services.
Your personal information is not shared with third parties, except: 1) in the case of special promotions by us, or one of our partners, about which you've requested to be notified; 2) where a third party performs services on our behalf and has agreed to keep such information confidential (such as the processing of your credit card payment or the conduct of an online survey for example); and 3) our Affiliates, but only for the purpose of performing this Agreement.
In the event that we or the Site are acquired by a third party, your personal information may be transferred to any such acquirer.
Site users may send inquiries to Members via clickable links on Site listings. If you choose to send an inquiry through these links, your personal information, including your e-mail address and any other information you supply, may be visible to the Member in question so that they might reply to you directly. If you call the Member, you may be asked to leave a return telephone number. Do not share information in the e-mail or phone call that you are not prepared to allow them to have, including, but not limited to, credit card and bank account information. These inquiries are both sent to the individual Member you selected and retained by us. The resulting inquiry is available for review only by the Member to whom they were initially addressed and to our customer service employees, who may be asked by Members for their past inquiry information. While the content of these inquiries is not shared with any other party, the Site may, occasionally, use third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of the inquiry e-mails, and analyze the pattern of inquiry usage reported by these third party tracking systems; [the resulting information is used and stored only in an anonymous form.]
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user's responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- To ensure no one else uses the Site while the user's machine is "logged on" to the Site service;
- To “ log off” or exit from Site when not using it; and
- Where relevant, to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
How we protect your privacy with third parties
- As indicated above, we may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our Site. These companies help operate our Site and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions. We do not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our Site.
- Some of these companies — such as Context Web — are our service providers who place cookies that help us serve our own content and compile anonymous site metrics and analytics. We require these companies to use the information they collect only to provide us with these services under contract.
- commencing one month after the date of posting;
How long will we keep your personal data?
Disclosure for legal reasons
Your personal data may be disclosed if we or an entity processing your data on our behalf are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally compliant request by a law enforcement or governmental authority.